Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Experiences of any1 who's had an allergic reaction to a foundation/make-up please?

Hi! A week ago now I had make-up applied at a local salon. Foundation and a cream blush by a famous brand name. 2 hours after I had very hot, burny, itchy skin that was red and blotchy. I figured it was a reaction and took it off. I haven't worn any product since. 6 days later, symptoms of burning and stinging, redness etc still there, I went to the doctors. He gave me a shot of 12 steroid tablets (6 to take that day, and 6 the day after) and 7 anti histamine tablets to take for a week. 2 days in, no change. Am just panicking that it wont settle. The burning, soreness on my face is so uncomfortable and I can't wear any make-up coz skin feels to raw and sore. Will this redness, burning etc go of it's own accord in time? I have low self esteem about my skin anyway...so no make-up is just a nightmare for me! Totally lesson learned tho' re. new make-up and skin patch testing first!!!! Any help? Thanks :)Experiences of any1 who's had an allergic reaction to a foundation/make-up please?
Well it isnt as severe, but my sister when we went to America had a beauty makeover makeup trail thing that you get in department store. It was Clinique or something, I think, some pretty posh stuff anyway.


The next day, her face was bright red with rashes.





It stayed for like 4 days. She used aqueous cream, you can pick it up in most drug stores and places like boots, even supermarkets. Its like a moisturiser for super sensitive skin. It calmed down the itchiness and made the redness go down.





Hope it helps (:Experiences of any1 who's had an allergic reaction to a foundation/make-up please?
yeah..actually it was really bad i had to go the hospital and get antibiotics my skin flared up really bad...i was using a tinted moisturizer form dove i think it was and it started to burn and everything..now i buy covergirl its an oil free and hypoallergic or something like that and its really good..foundation i have to be really careful with too..you'll be fine it will go down in a few days


good luck


%26lt;3
Theres really a lot you could do. There are so many products out there so what I end up doing is starting with the less expensive and trying out a few different ones.The review site is pretty good at http://www.brandsmakeup.com visit and see what everyone recommends.
visit the following url
my face melted off and now all i have is the stump of my neck

No comments:

Post a Comment