Friday, July 30, 2010

I know we can't take gels/liquids on a plane, but is liquid make-up (like foundation) ok?

I work for TSA (the federal agency which controls aviation security) and like a previous poster said, you cannot bring liquid makeup onto aircraft in carry-on luggage. This includes foundation, lip gloss, certain kinds of mascara etc. This prohibition also goes for toothpaste, perfume and gel or aerosol deordorant. Just a word of advice- I would not attempt to ';sneak'; anything past screening officers- it will probably get caught and there is the possibility of a fine, especially if it seems you intentionally tried to conceal a prohibited item. You can however, pack these items in your checked luggage.





In response to what another poster said about eye drops- I don't know where they were flying from or when they traveled, but for everyone else's benefit, you CAN transport eye drops- up to 4 oz. If you need more than that, you can always put it in your checked baggage. If you need any other information, you can visit www.tsa.gov. Hope this helps.I know we can't take gels/liquids on a plane, but is liquid make-up (like foundation) ok?
I just flew in from London on Monday, and they still won't allow you to take any form of liquid or cosmetics. But I think it might depend on where you're flying in from and to. But I think that flying into America, especially from Europe, is the most stringent.I know we can't take gels/liquids on a plane, but is liquid make-up (like foundation) ok?
No. Lipstick is not okay either. My coworker had many tubes of expensive lipstick confiscated.





I would recommend that you just take your ID, money, cell phone, and/or reading material (or whatever) with you and pack everything else up.
Sorry to say, but the ';official'; answer is no. That's what all the security papers at the airport say. I know of one person who managed to sneak her stuff through on the way there, only to have to throw it ALL out on the way back.





You cannot take ANYTHING liquid on a plane currently (no mascara, no foundation, no perfume, no shampoo). It all has to be checked.





About two weeks ago in Boston, my bag was searched and the security guy had me opening up my powder compact (allowed) and my chapstick (allowed) to check them out, but threw out my mascara and lipgloss (rats!).





Happy travels!
Yes it is. Dont take it or they will take it from you.
You should check the ailines Web site. I would assume they have a list of items on the site.
i would imagine so.....
I know they won't let you take foundation in to the plane because they didn't let me take my drops for my eyes. The only type of liquid that you are allowed to take to the plane is milk and you have to prove its milk. Hope my answer help you.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment