Monday, July 26, 2010

Foundation (make up)?

Im 33 years old and have very dry skin, no matter what I do my face is always dry.When I use foundation it looks AWFUL because its almost flaking off. I have fair skin, My skin is only nice right after a face peel, but obviously I cant do this every day,I have tried lotion but it just feels so ';heavy'; under the foundation...any other suggestions? Also which is the best foundation to use?Foundation (make up)?
As a professional makeup artist for over 20 years I can truly help steer you in the right direction. First many lotions you have to be careful because they have high levels of alcohol contents which will dry your skin out more. I highly recommend the following products and you will see a HUGE difference in your skin it will be vibrant and radiant.


Bee Luscious Cosmetics Papaya skin care line and their liquid minerals along with their hydrating cream concentrate it works miracles. http://www.beeluscious.comFoundation (make up)?
I don't know what you do on a normal basis for skin care but you need to get on a regimine now. Skin care is very important and there is no reason you should suffer from dry skin. I use oil of olay simply because it works and is easily accessible but i used Mary Kay for years. You need to moisturize everyday with something designed for your face.... and stay away from soap if you don't already. also, unless your skin is really really splotchy and discolored everywhere i would just avoid foundation. most women really dont need it. if you feel you do go to a reputable dealer like Mary Kay or department stores that can help you. Get your skin under control first.
lol i know alot of ppl are going to be like ..noo..but my mom sells marykay...and i had the same problem..only i wouldnt get peels cuz im only 20 lol..but marykay has a amazing foundation and amazing loose powders like amazing they have foundations for ppl with dry skin and ppl with oily skin....it covers so well without putting on globs and globs of makeup i use the foundation for ppl with dry skin. Its not like over oily and i just like blend it in really well and if my skin is still like uneven i put on this loose powder that has a lil bit of bronzer in it and it gives me such a porcelain look. Its the best foundation ive ever used and theres lots of diff shades and mine matches perfectly...its a bit on the expensive side but its fantastic. i also have very fair skin i use the lightest shade possible ..and im super super fair skinned..my family always jokes that if i went outside during a blizzard they wouldnt find me.
ok what you need is Nivea creme. it is really think and creamy. it may possibly help your skin on your face.


the reason why your skin is so dry is probably..


1. you swim a lot and the chlorine gets into your pores and dries them up (so you need to moisturise after)


2. you dont moisturise after the shower (remember showering, the water is getting rid of all dead skin and this may dry your face)


3. you travel a lot.. place to place. meaning the air in different countries are very different, in scotland it rains a lot.. in africa its sunny etc.. so your skin is taking its time to get used to the air you know!?


4. you dont cleanse the skin well enough. it may be dead skin taking over your face so you need to actual scrub your face to remove all that





soo. try to moisturise well at least twice a day.


use a thick moisturiser and then leave it to sink into your skin.





if it doesn't help go visit the doctor and he/she may give you some kind of ultra boost moisturiser or something. :)


hope i helped.


peace xx
i like using that st. ives apricot scrub, which helps keep the flakes away. i generally use a night moisturizer. i use a tinted moisturizer under a mineral powder foundation. i like mary kay's tinted moisturizer and mineral powder. i have VERY fair skin and have had a hard time getting foundation that does not look obvious!
i have this problem too. my skin is ever so dry. I use a moisturizer morning and night but not too much to make your face go heavy. E 45 creams are very good for dry skin and are very light and they specialize in different things such as dry, oily and sensitive skin. Oil of olay is very good to. when wearing other makeup cleanse your face with cleansing lotion that makes your skin smoother.I use Rimmel London matte foundation: No1 ivory, as it doesn't make fair skin look orange.
I LOVE Clinique's (fairly) new Perfectly Real foundation. They have numbers instead of color names and the ladies were excellent in telling me which one I needed. It sounds like you need to find a good cleanser and moisturizer first though. I swear I've tried them all but look at Philosophy.com at their Hope in a jar line. It's basic (2 steps) clean, and really does a great job. Happy shopping!( In response to the above answers...my mother in law sells Mary Kay and lets just say it's not high on my list of good products)
I would use a moisturizer from Olay because it soaks in quickly. Then I would use Bare Minerals foundation and their Mineral Veil which is their powder. It should give you the look you want because it's a powder, brush on foundation.
dude foundation just messes up your skin it makes your skin the same it doesnt work

No comments:

Post a Comment