Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Girls: Advice on foundation/make-up?

Haha, I'm going to seem like a bit of an idiot asking this but anyway..





Okay so I normally wear tinted moisturiser but I'm not happy with the coverage as my skin is ok but not totally perfect and I think I need something with a little more coverage.


So my questions are..


-Where is the best place to test the colour of the foundation? I know most people do it on the back of their hand but I heard your wrist is better - is this right?


-With a liquid foundation is it better to apply it with your hand or a sponge?


-Any foundation recommendations? I've heard Bourjois 10 hour Sleep Effect foundation is very good - anyone used this and could give me their thoughts? If not, what would you recommend? (Bearing in mind I don't need a really really heavy foundation and I would prefer to be able to go buy it in town so I could test colour ect. - I'm from the UK)


Anything else you think would be useful for me to know just write it down please! Best answer for the most useful and informative answer =)Girls: Advice on foundation/make-up?
i use to use a tinted moisturizer i find they wear awayy too quick aswell ... i would say rist it is a pailer tone but i usually try both ... if you are going to us e aliqid foundation apply with fingertips not the palm as it takes away most of the founadtion... bonjouros is good and soo is the natural collection it has an excelent covage if appliyed properly with the right skin tone ... ,,, x the best thing too do get your girls arouund and have a makeup party :PGirls: Advice on foundation/make-up?
Test the foundation on your wrist and if it looks like its your colour try a little bit on your jawline. You can put liquid foundation on with any it depends what you like, i prefer my hands. I reccomend L'Oreal true match foundation, its really nice on the skin and doesn't feel like your wearing foundation and it matches your skin colour very well. you can buy this from superdrug or boots.
- no test in in your jaw as your hand is a different colour to your face





- its fine to use either, the best way is proberly with a special foundation brush





-Dior skin is good, you can get it in boots or debinghams around 拢20 and if you buy brands like this they will find the right shade etc


Maybelline dream satin is the best budget one, around 拢5 a lot better than ones that cost 拢20 or more
best place to test- on your jawline in natural light (so outside)


liquid, how to apply - sponge is ok (dampen it first so it doesnt soak up the foundation), some people say hands are priceless tools, foundation brushes.. whatever works for you.


foundation rec. - ive got bourjois one and it broke me out. depending on what you want from it, coverage, dewy, matte? experiment! revlon colorstay is good, though, its not heavy but has coverage.. bare minerals is good and not too heavy.


good luck, experiment! :D
Get this link to find good ideas andi will help you





http://lovely2fancy.webs.com/apps/videos鈥?/a>





I hope helped.
umm keep going with your tinted moisturizer but add a miner POWDER foundation :) ontop :) you should get the perfect amount of coverrage plus it's nice and light
Dream matte mouse %26amp; the powder for a flawless finish
Maybelline dream matte mousse is great, and its cheap :)





xxx
well..just go to a nearby mall with macys and go to the makeup dep. and they will help you out..
i find that foundation looks the most natural when applied with a foundation brush. not sponge or hands


dream matt mouse is good


hello flawless by benefit is amazing!


don't use mac foundations as they are very caked on and look tacky!


chanel foundation is amazing! but a tad pricey!





i use a combination of 2 benefit powders:


hello flawless which is a moist powder


and ontop


get even as this is to slightly matify the look and make you less shiny


it works a treat!


all of this is applied with a benefit brush but i love the mac brushes!





hope this helps!


xxx
The best place to test the colour of your foundation is on your jaw/lower cheek. You want something that blends in here (otherwise it will leave a tidemark line of darker colour around you hairline %26amp; jawline)





I apply my foundation with my hand. The warmth of your hand helps it to blend in better on your skin, but if you have oily/spotty skin it's best to use a sponge.





There are so many foundations on the market, but I like Max Factor. A tip if you chose one that is a bit too heavy, is to mix it on the back of your hand with a little bit of face moisturiser. This gives a lighter more natural look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment