Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Looking for a good full coverage foundation , for my wedding day make up.?

I will be doing my own, I have a few pimples, from the stress, of planning my wedding( 8 more days to go)


I need something that will or can give me close to flawless skin as possible. Thank for any adviceLooking for a good full coverage foundation , for my wedding day make up.?
Start hydrating your skin. You can put on all the makeup in the world, but if you dont have a base to work on, its foundation will not hold.





Hydrating will give you an extra glow (even through the stress) and it will help the makeup apply evenly and stay on your skin. Hydrate: Drink plenty of water, exfoliate the skin, moisturize day %26amp; night after washing face and use a gentle mask (plain ol yogurt works great).





Ok on to the make-up. I have found MAC products work best to cover and still look flawless.


1. Start with moisterizer. Let it dry. Add a primer like MAC Prep + Prime Skin. let it dry.


2. Apply MAC Concealer: Studio Finish (good for dark circles under eye or pimples) It is water-proof! (It can even cover tattoos...ok so this stuff rocks!)


3. Next apply MAC Studio Fix foundation with a sponge or brush evenly through whole face. Let it dry.


4. Finish with a powder of your choice. Try something lite like MAC Select Sheer/Pressed Powder. It smooths out any flaws.





Use blot tissues through out the day. It removes excess oil from the face and leaves you with a matte finish. Apply more powder if needed.





CONGRATS and enjoy your big day.Looking for a good full coverage foundation , for my wedding day make up.?
I would go to the cosmetic counters in your local department store and ask to try some samples out or ask them to try it on your skin.


also, i find using a liquid foundation (full/medium coverage) and then a 2 in 1 powder over the top provides really good flawless coverage.





Brands i particularly like are Estee Lauder double wear foundation, MAC studio fix, elizabeth arden plump perfect, clinique repairwear foundation and clarins foundation for oily skin (used to be multi matte, but believe they changed the name/formula!?)





After that use either Estee Lauder double wear 2 in 1 powder or mac studio fix powder make up, (though i have a preference over estee lauder)





also use a concealer over any spots you may have, i believe estee lauder do a double wear concealer, though i havent tried it, as i find foundation is plenty to cover up any spots or uneven skin.





Get someone to carry around the powder make up in a bag for you, so you can reapply throughout the day.





Good luck, hope this helps.
Firstly congratulations on your big day, I wish you all the happiness in your future. Secondly, the first step for your make up is to have a good foundation primer (as its your wedding day treat yourself to a good make), such as Mac or Bare Escentuals. Then for the foundation to look awesome, I always used a thin layer of liquid foundation from clinique and then afterwards used Bare Escentuals mineral foundation. Then you can use a finishing powder but I find it looks flawless anyway. I also found that using mineral foundation every day cleared up my spots really quickly, so it might be worth getting it now and seeing if it helps you! Good luck with everything and much love! xxxx
I recommend going to Sephora or MAC. To achieve full coverage, I prime my skin (usually *I* just use a mattifying moisturizer, not a primer... I can't really afford the Smashbox one on the average teenager's salary, lol), put on a good liquid or cream foundation (L'Oreal True Match, MAC Studio Tech, MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation, etc.) Then, I use a powder foundation (MAC Studio Fix Powder, Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals, etc.) over my liquid foundation to set the foundation and add extra coverage. Sometimes I use a finishing powder (based on how well I think my makeup has set). Whatever you do, don't try your makeup for the first time on the day of your wedding. Try it a couple of times before, just so you can get the idea of how long it will last, how it will look, and so forth.
def try colorstay foundation.. it will stay on all day
use mac

No comments:

Post a Comment