Monday, August 23, 2010

Help with make-up (foundation)?

ok, so i have my leavers ball next thursday and i have bought some foundation (that maybelline dream satin liquid foundation, some rimmel compressed powder, rimmel cool matte mouse foundation, a rimmel blemish concaler stick and some other stuff).





i have tried to put it on, but it sometimes looks too cakey (and i dont put that much on) and like dark circles still show through, and this stuff that apparently makes your face pore less isn't doing its job. What order should i put the make up on in and do you have any advice on how to make my skin lookpore lesss?? or am i just not using it right??





please help me out! any video links, advice on what i can treat my skin with before with, or what i can do would be fab!!!





thank you so much!





xxHelp with make-up (foundation)?
Try exfoliating your skin (I recommend St Ives Exfoliating Wash) and then moisturising before you apply your foundation. Let the moisturiser dry in completely before you attempt to put foundation on or it will cake up.





Use a wedge sponge or a foundation brush to apply the foundation. It sounds to me like your skin is dry or there are dead skin cells on the surface of your face and therefore the foundation doesn't have a good surface to stick to. By removing them you will leave a smoother surface for the foundation to blend over/into. I had the same problem as you and then I tried this and it works every time for me now :)





As for the dark circles try to find a concealer especially for dark circles as opposed to blemishes. What you're essentially doing (purely judging by what you said - I don't know the ins and outs of the concealer you're using so it could be for dark circles as well as blemishes, I don't know. I'm judging by what I have read.) is trying to cover darkness with something that's meant to cover redness. Try a concealer with a green colour base (lots of drugstore brands make them) because this will offer better correction to the darker areas. If you don't have one or can't find one of these then you could try a concealer mixed with an illuminating product because this will help lighten the area too.





As for the order of your makeup I'd say apply foundation first then a pressed powder over the top to keep it in place. Then apply concealer. If you apply concealer and then pressed powder you might take off your concealer with your brush so do that part last.Help with make-up (foundation)?
Get Clinque power. Its the BEST. I will look beautiful
Go to youtube.com, look for (MY FACE ROUTINE) by MAKE UP GEEK.
why won't you try MAC?

No comments:

Post a Comment