Saturday, August 21, 2010

Make up Foundation?

I cant decide what to get or even what shade I am. Ridiculous, I know but mainly beacuse My last compact was pretty light but Ive gotton a bit of a tan sonce. The whipped true blend I tried at the store seemed good but the bottle is so tiny. 7.98 for 1/2 ounce. Im wondering if because its light weight would it last as long as the reg. sized bottles? Can you recommend your favorie foundation/powder? I have pretty dry skin and would like the non greasy look like powder but better coverage? And One more question..If I mess up on the color, is it best to get something a little too dark or a little too light?Make up Foundation?
Here are all the colors that come in the CoverGirl Trublend Whipped Foundation:


http://www.covergirl.com/cgcollection/fa鈥?/a>


They even have a little test you can take to see what color would match your skintone. You can try this out and then go to the store and test out that color to see if they are right.





My friend uses Covergirl Whipped Foundation and she likes it. She has a bit of acne scarring on her chin and this covers her chin perfectly.





To find the right shade for you you can do a couple of tests:


- Put some of the foundation in that little webbing between your thumb and index finger .. and blend.


- Put some on your wrist.


- Put some on your jawline and blend.


- Some people even just use the back of their hand.





You can just look in the mirror and look at the colors they give you on the site and try to match up what you think would be the closest thing to your skin. I ALWAYS test out the colors before I buy them, so you should Def. do that.


If you mess up on color, it would be better to go a little lighter than darker.





I found this great site that gives some examples of foundations for your skin type:


http://www.skincare.ca/cosmetics_skinfou鈥?/a>





How much are you trying to conceal on your face?


You can try out a tinted moisturizer. It will even out your face and moisturize at the same time. Covergirl has a good one and its 7.99$ for 1.35 OZ:


http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/de鈥?/a>





I find that tinted moisturizers dont give me the greasy look at ALL and I have oily skin!


Have you also tried out the Covergirl True Match? (I think thats what its called).





And since you have dry skin make sure to Moisturize before putting on ANY makeup! This will help it from becoming flaky and blotchy and will keep your skin hydrated and non-tight all day.





Hope that helps!Make up Foundation?
Most foundations are 1 full ounce. They say in allure that it's better to go lighter instead of darker if you can't decide. Otherwise you get a mask look. Not too light, or it makes you pale and washed out. I know, it's hard to pick the right makeup and shades. I use loreal quick stick and have dry to combo skin. I use loreal translucide loose powder and it gives a soft focus glow. I've heard alot of the magazine's raving over the new almay one, it adjusts for you in a personal shade. Goes on white and is like magic technology or something. It might be worth a try and easier. :)
You can usually try out colors at a counter in a department store -- usually the clinique samples are available.


Some of the chain drug stores let you return products that are not the right color -- check their policies.


As for what type is best, it depends on your particular skin type. Cover Girl sells small samples, of different colors, so give them a try
I am in love with clinique foundations. Go to your local department store and ask them to find the color that fits. I pay around $20 for 1 oz, but that way I know that when I get home, the color will match, and that I didnt wast my money on a product that I didnt like. Plus, by trying it out at the counter before purchess you will be able to decide for yourself wheter you look oily or not.
I found an amazing foundation the brand name is Bee Luscious Cosmetics and its the mineral liquid powder foundation, it is so light and airy you will have a flawless look as if it were airbrushed on. The tube will last you like 6 months I just love it, its the best product I have ever used.
The best way to find out your shade is to do a stripe test....that means you take a few color testers and apply a stripe of each along the jaw line. Which ever color ';disappears'; is the color that is best for you. My favorite foundation is actually Bare Minerals...it's a powder foundation but is really pricey (about 100 dollars to start) next in line is Mary Kay, about 14 dollars for a good size bottle. I actually sell Mary Kay (even though I prefer Bare Minerals...just don't tell my boss!) and the nice thing about this product is it actually acts as a barrier to protect your skin unlike many brands that will clog pores. marykay.com/briannas
I really like MAC Studio Fix. its a power foundation, it gives really good coverage and leaves a matte finish. MAC has a wide variety of shades. Alot of ppl say that you should go with one shade darker if you're unsure.
Go to Nordstrom's and have them do your colors its great

No comments:

Post a Comment